An Online Course in Meditation, Mindfulness, and Transformation
Designed to help you successfully cope with stress and illness and work toward more health and happiness.
Dr. Mark Pirtle has applied 25 years of clinical study and practice to develop this evidence-based and easy to follow program. Skillfully Aware has helped thousands of people suffering from stress-related conditions.
The tools for your transformation are available online now!GET STARTED
Skillfully Aware is an engaging blend of lessons and practices designed for anyone suffering from stress, or a stress-related problem or illness. Recurring patterns of thinking and behavior lie at the heart of all stress-related conditions, and why improvement requires careful self-examination. Therefore, learning to meditate and be mindful is necessary if you want to relieve stress, change or heal. Watch the video to the right, and if it feels right, join our learning community. You too can learn to better manage your thoughts, behaviors and emotions by becoming Skillfully Aware.
Skillful awareness and how to practice it…
More than 25 years of study and clinical practice have gone into the development of this meditation and mindfulness-based programming. Skillfully Aware is delivered in a variety of formats: an online course and forum, audio meditation programs and forum, in-person retreats, corporate seminars, and private Skype sessions.
Meditation and MindfulnessScientific studies prove that meditation and mindfulness training brings about many positive effects. These include amplified feelings of well-being, improved attention, enhanced proactive and prosocial behavior. Additionally, meditation and mindfulness have been shown to reduce both physical and mental pain, rumination, anxiety, depression, and emotional reactivity and compulsivity.
Skillfully Aware Programming Helps!
Depression is a mood disorder characterized by the emotions of sadness, loss, anger, and or frustration. In addition, these negative emotions interfere with a person's everyday life for a significant time. Meditation and mindfulness are proven to be particularly effective treatments for alleviating depressive symptoms and preventing relapse.
If you don’t have any of the above conditions, good for you! If you’re here because you just want to learn to meditate and be happier, don’t worry; there is a program for you too.
Many of my students use their practice to enrich their professional lives. This can certainly be said of Mark. He has combined his knowledge of the health sciences with insight meditation to create an innovative program for people suffering from all manner of stress-related problems he calls Skillfully Aware™. His understanding of mindfulness is both deep and subtle. His practice is the central focus of his life and he is devoted to helping others find their own way to health, clarity and peace.Shinzen Young
The Most Comprehensive Self-Care Program on the Market Today
First of all, I want to say, ‘thank you’ for even considering living more happily and healthfully. I have seen firsthand how this program has helped thousands lead more fulfilling and joyous lives. Secondly, congratulations for having faith in yourself! This very moment, you have more power to help and heal yourself than you may know. In fact, you may have more power than any pills, surgery, or therapy. Chances are, if you are visiting this webpage, you are feeling like things could be better.
Read more ∇
Maybe you are having trouble sleeping, or you are coping with challenges related to stress, emotions, or urges. Maybe you are encountering difficulties at work and home. Perhaps you have even been diagnosed with a medical condition like insomnia, depression, chemical dependency, anxiety, chronic pain, OCD, or some other stress-related syndrome. If so, you are likely taking a prescription medication and or regularly hauling yourself off to see doctors in hopes of healing your problem. But here is what I have discovered in years of successful work with people just like you: the real cure isn’t in a pill or a procedure; it is within you!
You see, most of these problems occur because we’re constantly listening to what the outside world tells us what we should do. We work harder, do more, instead of listening to what our body’s inner rhythms tell us what we need to do. The noisy stress of everyday life drowns out the soft voice of our needy bodies—the need for rest, the need for peace, the need for nourishment. Then, we don’t care for ourselves, and it shows. Eventually, our body simply stops working well. Our minds race and turn negative. We can’t sleep; our stomach gets upset; we hurt, and lash out in anger. Fact is, the harmful effects of stress not only alter our health, they impact our personality and our relationships.
But by becoming skillfully aware through a daily mindfulness practice and meditation, you’ll start to listen more closely and carefully to your body—especially when you encounter stress. Then, stress won’t damage you anymore. You can overcome unhealthy urges, negative mood swings, pains, and insomnia—and you may be able to toss out those pills in favor of a healthier, happier, more aware you! You will start living a new life. Mastering this program starts with baby steps and having the faith and belief that you can get yourself to your goal. Mind training is a skill anyone can learn, and it will make you happier and, in turn, it will make our world a better, brighter place. Starting right now.
Choose Where to Start
Free Webinar and Guided MeditationsAn Introductory Series
- You’re cordially invited to watch a free webinar that will teach you the basics of Dr. Pirtle's Skillfully Aware approach to stress reduction and life enhancement. All you have to do is sign up for our newsletter to get this amazing, life-changing programming.
- By registering, you’ll also receive three pairs of guided meditations. These meditations are a sampling of the same ones students of the online class and comprehensive program receive. If you like what you see and hear, you're invited to take the next step and join us for the online class.
The Tools for TransformationAn Online Class
- If you are new to using meditation and mindfulness for stress relief, this class is where to start. Tools for Transformation is a six-module online class that teaches you how to meditate, and use mindfulness to better cope with stress and work towards increased health and happiness.
- In addition to the 50 video’s, 60 pages of beautifully designed study guides, and additional PDF’s, this class also comes with LIFETIME membership to an online forum. As a student, you are always just a click away from the answers and support you need!
Guided Meditation ProgramA Guided 13-Month Program
- After you take the Tools for Transformation online class, this 13-month guided meditation program is designed to take you further. Consistent and skillful meditation practice allows you to cultivate deep healing and happiness in your life. Start training your mind with Dr. Pirtle’s most comprehensive program for stress relief.
- Along with a full-color, 75-page practice guide, you get 44 professional quality audio meditations on a USB drive (over 20-hours of guidance for all of life’s challenges). Additionally, practitioners receive LIFETIME membership to an online forum.