A 6-Week Workshop for Overcoming Stress, Pain, Strong Emotions and Urges
You’ve heard the bad news: stress degrades both your mental and physical health. But, what you may not know is the cause of all stress-related illness is directly traceable to a mental state called “attentional fixation.” In simple terms, that’s when you’re stuck in your head.
Once triggered, fixated people often miss much of what’s going on in the present moment. They can lose track of their values, agreements, integrity, intentions, and emotions, all of which can then worsen stress reactions. In the end, attentional fixation leads to unconscious, automatic and repetitious patterns of thinking and behavior. That’s why people stuck in patterns of fixation find it difficult, if not impossible, to change or heal.
The good news is that attentional fixation is just a mental state; it’s not who you are. And attentional fixation has specific causes. Remove the causes and you change and heal. Mindful awareness is a remedy for attentional fixation. The state of mindfulness also has causes. By practicing the causes of mindfulness you become more mindfully aware. Letting go of the former and practicing the latter, that’s how it works. If you relate to falling into fixation due to the stress in your life, don’t despair. That pattern can be broken!
Over ten years ago Dr. Pirtle created this meditation and mindfulness-based course while working at one of the most exclusive residential recovery centers in the world. The same curriculum his clients spent upwards of $65,000 to experience is now available to you in this 6-module class.
Come join the SkillfullyAware Tools for Transformation class and learn a new and altogether healthier way to move through your life. Learning to mindfully observe your triggers, thoughts, and sensations will make all the difference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE:
- People seeking relief from stress-related or other illnesses (anxiety, addiction, sleep issues, depression, fibromyalgia and much more)
- People going through difficult life challenges (divorce, loss, trauma and more)
- People wanting more joy, self-love, strength, energy, focus, and purpose in their lives
- People seeking a more personal spiritual connection to themselves and others
- Anyone wanting to learn to meditate or deepen their existing meditation practice
Since its development, the SkillfullyAware curriculum has helped thousands of people with stress and stress-related illnesses feel better. So, if you have unmanaged stress or an illness related to stress, this class will help!
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 weekly two-hour in-person classes taught by Dr. Pirtle
- Lifetime access to the online 6-module course—over 11 hours of professionally produced and edited video
- Hardcopy and downloadable Study Guide full of teachings and practices comes with each module
- Access to a 24/7/365 online forum where you can ask questions and get support from Dr. Pirtle and partake in the experience, strength, and hope of others
- Admission to bi-weekly “Office Hours” classes with Dr. Pirtle
The 6-week SkillfullyAware class is offered in a comfortable and discrete meditation-hall setting. What you learn and practice will give you insight into how your mind and body work together to produce and react to what happens around you. You’ll gain a better sense of your emotional states and learn to work through and influence your emotions and urges.
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS YOU WILL!
- Know how to meditate—anyone can do it! You will also know how to use meditation and mindfulness therapeutically—so you feel better!
- Gain proficiency with proven mindfulness techniques and virtues practices that fit seamlessly into and enhance every aspect of your life
- Understand the mind-body connection so you’ll start functioning like your own therapist. Meaning, you’ll get good at being good to yourself.
- Understand how early childhood experiences cause you to think and act as an adult, and moreover, how to become aware of and change those long-held reactive patterns
- Become more self-awareness so your communications and relations with others will definitely improve
- Feel better with increased energy and passion, which can ignite a full-on pursuit of your life’s purpose. How great is that?
For more information, to register, or to hold your spot email us at email@example.com, or call Lynda at 520-981-9911.
This 6-week SkillfullyAware class will meet once per week, on Saturday’s from 2PM to 4PM, starting October 7th and ending November 18th, 2017. To allow students time to practice, ask questions and better work with the material, the class will skip Saturday, October 28th.
Downtown Community School
614 South Meyer Avenue (in the Old Barrio)
Call (520) 981-9911 for directions & parking
Registrations before September 15th, 2017: $495 (early-bird rate)
Registrations on or after September 16th, 2017: $595
The rate includes all workshop meetings and lifetime access to Dr. Mark Pirtle’s “Tools for Transformation” online class ($295 value). This online course prepares participants for the workshop and helps them maintain their gains afterward. The class also includes an online forum and live, bi-weekly, web-based, “office hours” student meetings.
Due to fixed costs associated with hosting this workshop, refunds are issued in the form of credit toward any future event we host. Registrants who initiate a cancellation before 09/15 receive full credit good for any future event. Cancellations after 10/1 receive 50% credit for any future event.
Mark Farris Pirtle, DPT, is a pioneer in integral thinking in stress relief and recovery. He is a clinician, author, public speaker, filmmaker, and true “innerpreneur.” Synthesizing the disciplines of living systems theory and mindfulness meditation, he developed an evidence-based program for people suffering from stress and stress-related conditions he calls Skillfully Aware®. This curriculum was used to establish the first ever pain program at Sierra Tucson, a world-renowned residential treatment hospital. Subsequently, he joined the faculty at the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine Fellowship Program. He teaches meditation and mindfulness to empower his private clients to work through stress-related patterns including depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and more. Dr. Pirtle hosts weekly lectures and private retreats at Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona.
Dr. Pirtle recently completed filming the feature-length documentary film, Is Your Story Making You Sick? The film features 8 participants engaged in much the same programming presented at this workshop. “Story” will release in early 2018 at film festivals around the country.