A Structured, Progressive, and Transformative Process for Overcoming Stress, Pain, Strong Emotions and Urges Led By An Expert in The Field of Recovery, Dr. Mark Farris Pirtle.
You’ve heard the bad news: stress degrades both your mental and physical health. But, what you may not know is the cause of all stress-related illness is directly traceable to a mental state called “attentional fixation.” In simple terms, that’s when you’re stuck in your head.
Once triggered, fixated people often miss much of what’s going on in the present moment. They can lose track of their thoughts, impulses, values, agreements, integrity, intentions, and emotions, all of which can then magnify stress reactions. In the end, attentional fixation leads to unconscious, automatic, and repetitious patterns of thinking and behavior. That’s why people stuck in patterns of fixation find it difficult, if not impossible, to change or heal.
The good news is that attentional fixation is just a mental state; it’s not who you are. Patterns of attentional fixation are often caused by past trauma. Skillful awareness is mindfully working with your patterns of reactivity when they get triggered in the present moment. Modifying those patterns while and practicing skillful awareness is how you eventually change and heal. It’s a process. If you’re a person who repeatedly falls into fixation due to stress in your life, don’t despair. Your pattern is breakable!
Dr. Pirtle is also well aware of the major obstacles to recovery. Most, if all his students wonder if they can stick with a program for the long-term. It’s for this reason Dr. Pirtle suggests registering with an “accountability partner.” An accountability partner is a friend who takes the class with you, so you can learn with and support each other. Dr. Pirtle encourages accountability partnerships by offering discounts to students who register together.
Dr. Pirtle developed this curriculum for one of the most exclusive residential recovery centers in the world. This same evidence-based curriculum that once cost his clients upwards of $65,000 is now available to you in this affordable 6-module class.
So join the SkillfullyAware Tools for Transformation class and learn a new and altogether healthier way to move through your life. Learning to skillfully observe your triggers, thoughts, and sensations makes all the difference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE:
- People seeking relief from stress-related conditions (anxiety, addiction, sleep issues, depression, fibromyalgia and much more).
- People going through difficult life challenges (divorce, loss, trauma and more)
- People wanting more joy, self-love, strength, energy, focus, and purpose in their lives
- People seeking a more personal spiritual connection to themselves and others
- Anyone wanting to learn to meditate or deepen their existing meditation practice
Since its development, the SkillfullyAware curriculum has helped thousands of people with stress and stress-related patterns feel better. So, if you have unmanaged stress or a condition related to stress, this class will help!
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 weekly two-hour in-person classes taught by Dr. Pirtle
- Lifetime access to the online 6-module course—over 11 hours of professionally produced and edited video
- A Study Guide full of teachings and practices comes with each module
- Access to a 24/7/365 online forum where you can ask questions and get support from Dr. Pirtle and partake in the experience, strength, and hope of others
- Admission to the mid-course mini-retreat with Dr. Pirtle
The six-class SkillfullyAware program will give you insight into how your mind and body work together to “produce,” and then react, to what happens in and around you. As the lessons and practices give you a better sense of your emotional states, you’ll find yourself positively influencing how you show up in the world.
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS YOU WILL!
- Know how to meditate—anyone can do it! You will also know how to use meditation and mindfulness therapeutically—so you feel better!
- Gain proficiency with proven mindfulness techniques and virtues practices that fit seamlessly into and enhance every aspect of your life
- Understand the mind-body connection so you’ll start functioning like your own therapist. Meaning, you’ll get good at being good to yourself.
- Understand how early childhood experiences cause you to think and act as an adult, and moreover, how to become aware of and change those long-held reactive patterns
- Become more self-aware so your communications and relationships with others improve, deepen and become more rewarding
- Feel better, with increased energy and passion, which can ignite a full-on pursuit of your life’s purpose. How great is that?
For more information, to register, or to hold your spot email us at email@example.com, or call Lynda at 520-795-3563.
Class 1 Sunday, January 7th 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
Class 2 Sunday, January 14th 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
Class 3 Sunday, January 21st 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
Mini-Retreat Sunday, January 28th 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
Class 4 Sunday, February 4th 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
Class 5 Sunday, February 11th 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
Class 6 Sunday, February 18th 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
Live, Online Video Webinar
Registrations made on or before December 15th, $495 (early-bird rate)
Registrations after December 15th, $595
*Register with a friend “Accountability Partner” BEFORE December 15th and receive an additional $50 discount. Use this coupon code: baf50.
*Register with an “Accountability Partner” AFTER December 15th and pay $495 each. Use this coupon code: baf100
*This class will enjoy a sneak peek of Dr. Pirtle’s yet to be released documentary film Is Your Story Making You Sick?
Due to fixed costs associated with hosting this workshop, refunds are issued in the form of credit toward any future event or product.
Mark Farris Pirtle, DPT, is a pioneer in integral thinking in stress relief and recovery. He is a clinician, author, public speaker, filmmaker, and true “innerpreneur.” Synthesizing the disciplines of living systems theory and mindfulness meditation, he developed a structured, progressive, and evidence-based program for people suffering from stress and stress-related conditions he calls Skillfully Aware®. This curriculum was used to establish the first ever pain program at Sierra Tucson, a world-renowned residential treatment hospital. Subsequently, he joined the faculty at the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine Fellowship Program. He teaches meditation and mindfulness to empower his private clients to work through stress-related patterns including depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and more. Dr. Pirtle is in private practice and hosts private retreats at Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona.
Dr. Pirtle recently completed filming the feature-length documentary film, Is Your Story Making You Sick? The film features 8 participants engaged in much the same programming presented at this workshop. “Story” world-premiere in Fall 2018. Private screenings can be arranged for after December 2017. This class will get to enjoy a sneak peek of the finished film!